We're committed to improving the health and wellbeing of all people in Far North Queensland by providing safe, high quality healthcare.
Our staff are part of the communities we serve. We strongly believe that health outcomes are enhanced by involving our communities in the planning and evaluation of local health services.
Our staff apply our shared values to every aspect of their work. This helps ensure our workplaces are effective, inclusive environments, where our employees are empowered to reach our goals.
Read more about our vision, purpose and values.
Diversity and inclusion
Far North Queensland is one of Australia’s most culturally and socially diverse regions.
Our workplaces reflect that great diversity. We encourage participation of people from all backgrounds and cultures.
Our work environment is inclusive and supportive and we value our staff.
Cairns and Hinterland Health Service strives to be the employer of choice. We provide fair and equitable employment opportunities for people of all cultures, abilities and backgrounds.
What we’re doing
We're using the Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Strategy to encourage inclusive practices in recruitment and career, including:
- diversity of candidates in recruitment pools
- job design to support workforce flexibility, diversity and inclusion
- promoting the benefits of diversity and inclusion to staff
- resourcing leaders to achieve a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- supporting employees so they can bring their whole self to work
- supporting employees with appropriate training, development and career opportunities.
Tell us if you need support or access assistance for a job interview, or when you come to work with us.