Far North Queensland Hospital Foundation
- Applications for the 2022 research grants round are now open. The Far North Queensland Hospital Foundation assists the activities and services of health services across Far North Queensland to provide better healthcare in the community and provides access to various research grant opportunities.
Australian Government GrantConnect
- GrantConnect is an Australian Government Grants Information System providing researchers access to a centralised publication of forecast and current Australian Government grant opportunities and grants awarded.
Tropical Australian Academic Health Centre (TAAHC)
- TAAHC offers a range of funding across a variety of categories for research that address key health challenges facing Northern Queensland.
Health Innovation, Investment and Research Office (HIIRO) within Queensland Health
- The HIIRO has a range of general, medical and health research funding, grant, and fellowship opportunities available:
Health Practitioner Research Scheme within Queensland Health
- The Health Practitioner Research Scheme is supported by the Allied Health Professions' Office of Queensland and is open to all health professionals covered by the Health Practitioners and Dental Officers (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (No.3) 2019.
CHHHS Study and Research Assistance Scheme (SARAS)
- SARAS provides leave and/or financial assistance to employees for study or research activities to enhance your knowledge, skills and abilities.
CHHHS Study, Education and Research Trust Account (SERTA)
- Further information to follow.
National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- The NHMRC’s restructured grant program offers several Investigator, Synergy, Ideas, and Strategic and Leveraging funding schemes.
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Whether you are a start-up, small or medium sized enterprise or researcher, CSIRO offers programs and funding opportunities designed to remove common roadblocks to innovation and progress.
Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF)
- The MRFF is a research fund set up by the Australia Government in 2015 that pays for important health and medical research projects. The fund grew to $20 billion in 2020 and is a long-term investment supporting Australian health and medical research which offers a range of MRFF grant opportunities.
Emergency Medicine Foundation (EMF)
- The EMF is an Australasian non-profit organisation dedicated to funding innovative evidence-based research that improves clinical practices to save lives as well as delivering significant economic benefits to the healthcare system.
Cancer Council Queensland
- Funding opportunities are available to cancer researchers residing in Queensland.
James Cook University (JCU)
- JCU has a Connects Grants team with access to a range of research grant, tender and funding opportunities and supports researchers throughout the grant and research funding lifecycle.
- Various incentives are available to universities and external partner organisations to build collaborative research projects. Monash University can help you leverage your funding schemes as they become available. Find out more here.
Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM)
- The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM) is a multi-disciplinary health and tropical medicine research institute delivering research outcomes that improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes for communities in the tropics world-wide.
Menzies School of Health Research
- Menzies School of Health Research is a beacon for development, sustainability, health improvement, economic advancement and transformation who are committed to educating future researchers, delivering research and professional training and engaging a growing number of Master’s and PhD students.
Australian Centre for Health Services Innovation (AusHSI)
- The Australian Centre for Health Services Innovation (AusHSI) currently leads several NHMRC, government, and externally funded projects in a variety of disciplines and health service areas to implement and sustain innovations for better health services.
Last updated: December 2022