The delivery of First Nations health equity strategies will ensure that our healthcare system is delivering culturally responsive, adaptive, equitable and appropriate care. This should be irrespective of where you're from or the care you seek.
Acknowledging the current gaps in our health system and actively participating in legislative change, is empowering and an encouraging sign for First Nations People across the state.
Our key priority outcome areas are:
- Improving health and wellbeing outcomes
- Actively eliminating racial discrimination and institutional racism within the service
- Increasing access to healthcare services
- Influencing the social, cultural and economic determinants of health
- Delivering sustainable, culturally safe and responsive healthcare services
- Working with First Nations peoples, communities and organisations to design, deliver, monitor and review health services